VAST actively prevents acute respiratory infections caused by new strains of Corona virus
On February 1st, 2020, VAST issued Decision 84/ QD-VHL on the establishment of a Steering Committee for the prevention of respiratory diseases caused by new strains of Corona virus; disinfectant spray at Central Building on February 2nd, 2020 and will disinfect the entire academy campus at 18 Hoang Quoc Viet; deliver nano silver masks made by the Institute of Environmental Technology to specialized units to assist VAST President.
Disinfectant spray at Central Building on February 2nd, 2020
Delivering nano silver masks made by the Institute of Environmental Technology to specialized units to assist VAST President
The Academy also issued Document 125/ VHL_VP proposing subordinate units to perform some tasks to prevent the penetration and spread of epidemics, and proactively respond effectively in the epidemic prevention as follows:
- Thoroughly grasp and organize the strict implementation of the Prime Minister's Directive on the prevention and control of acute respiratory infections caused by new strains of Corona virus.
- Heads of units directly give instructions and take responsibility for the prevention and control in their units. Promptly implement measures proposed by the Government, ministries and branches. Mobilize all officials, public servants and employees to apply epidemic prevention and control measures.
- Promote dissemination and education for officials, public servants, employees and employees in the unit on the causes, consequences and measures to prevent and combat respiratory diseases caused by new strains of Corona virus.
- Monitor and manage the health of officials, public servants and employees in the unit in order to promptly detect cases of illness; When abnormal phenomena or epidemics occurs, it is neccesary immediately notify the health agency for timely examination and treatment, resolutely not allow the disease to spread in the unit.
- Limit going to crowded places, especially attending festivals.
- Organizations and individuals strictly implement the Law on Entry and Exit, the Law on Medical Examination and Treatment and the Law on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases.
- Particularly for the Graduate University of Science and Technology and the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi, apart from implementing the above-mentioned contents, it is necessary to implement Document 260/ BGDĐT-GDTC of Jan.31, 2020 of the Ministry of Education and Training guiding the prevention and control of acute respiratory infections caused by new strains of corona virus at schools.
Training institutions under VAST such as the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi and the Graduate University of Science and Technology informed students to postpone the schedule until February 9th, 2020; Vietnam National Museum of Nature, the National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam stopped welcoming visitors; Dependents and units under VAST have strictly implemented epidemic prevention under the direction of the Government and VAST.
Translated by Tuyet Nhung
Link to Vietnamese version